Saturday, July 26, 2014

Apricot-Vanilla Bean Jam


I just made the best jam that I've ever tasted and wanted to get the recipe written down before I forgot what I did. To make it you will need:

  • 6 cups of diced apricots including the skins
  • Combine with 1 shredded Granny Smith apple and the zest of 1 lemon and the juice of the lemon. 
  • Add 1 whole vanilla bean 
  • 3 cups sugar
Stir thoroughly and allow to rest until very juicy. For my warm kitchen this took 2 hours.

Remove vanilla bean, rinse, split lengthwise and scrape seeds into fruit. Throw the split bean back in along with 3 pits. 

Cook over medium heat until it tests done, this doesn't take long.

Put into jam into jars adding 1 pit to each jar.

Allow 1/2" headspace and process for 10 minutes.

Yield: 3 pints

2 comments:

  1. Following your blog / facebook makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and appreciate them all. Thank you!