Monday, June 30, 2014

Chickpea Tabbouleh


Tonight for supper I made chickpea tabbouleh which we ate in wraps along with shredded chicken. It was *so* good that I decided to save the recipe here.
2 16 ounce cans of chickpeas, drained
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
5 radishes, chopped or shredded
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
½ cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Mash the chickpeas until 3/4 are broken up, add the rest of the vegetables and mix well. Add the salt & pepper, mix again. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over and mix for the last time. 
The recipe made enough for us to have for supper with leftovers for lunch tomorrow. It has got to be one of the most economical wholesome meals I've ever tried. I spent less than $12 total!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and appreciate them all. Thank you!